Sunday, June 30, 2019

Ultimate Salt Lake City Tour in Salt Lake City, UT

Although my experience in Las Vegas wasn’t so great, I decided to go for another bus tour in Salt Lake City. The company, City Sights, offers a few different types of tours including a 1.5-hour trolley tour and a 3-hour copper mine tour. The shorter tour around the city didn’t seem like it would offer all that I wanted to see, so I opted for the 3.5-hour Ultimate Salt Lake City Tour plus Organ Recital. If you're staying at a downtown hotel like I did, the bus will pick you up from your hotel and drop you back there at the end.

On this tour there are a few stops (including a break for lunch at the Beehive House—being part of the tour gets you 10% off your meal), but the time at each location is pretty short; I definitely could’ve used more time at Pioneer Heritage State Park (we had about 20 minutes). Outside of the organ recital at Temple Square (which anyone can attend for free), my favorite part of the tour was our walk through the State Capitol building.

I had already gone through the previous afternoon, but the Capitol was nearly empty on the Saturday of my tour which made it easier to take pictures and I appreciated that I was with a guide who could give some background. (It should be noted though that free tours of the Capitol are also available.) As luck would have it, my trip happened to be during the time that the Transcontinental Railroad Exhibit was featured at the Capitol. I had missed the sign during my solo trip through the Capitol, so I was really happy that the tour guide took us through the exhibit. In all, the tour was a good way to get familiar with the city so tourists can make note of what they want to visit when they have more time, but I would’ve liked a longer tour that gave me the chance to explore without having to come back on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment